The Lunatic Calm

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Year One

It's been one year. Yes, I have finally become an "experienced" software professional. Yesterday marked the completion of one year of life in the "real world", a life radically different from the college life we had. I still remember the night of June 21, 2004. I came back to my hotel room, depressed beyond measure. I told my parents that I dont want to go back. Maybe the experience wouldn't seem so bad now (now that I an "old hand"), but then, my first taste of the real world was bitter indeed. And thus started a 3 month ordeal that in the end, left me hopeless, ready to give up on this cruel cruel world. Then things started happening fast, and before long, all signs of my former life were eradicated. The memories took the longest to disappear but even they eventually left, leaving me with happy memories and experiences. And here I am now, 22, and still going strong, stronger from all the countless hardships that life threw at me in just one year. I know that I have a long long life ahead (oh I tend to be optimistic about my lifespan) and what I have dealt with, as of now, is just a small taste of things to come. But Year One has served to make me stronger and more capable of withstanding 'the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune'.

"I think I am ready to do this.. Finally..."

10 Comments:

  • At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I guess its time I told you... In those days, it was you who gave me all the strength that made me survive.

    I felt so selfish when I came out of it alive leaving you all alone, after all that you did for me. It took me a long time to forgive myself for that & I hope you have forgiven me, though I know that you are too good to even consider it a crime worth asking for forgiveness.

    It makes me SO happy to see you so happy :) Thanks for being there

     
  • At 12:02 AM, Blogger fr0z3n said…

    hey!!! I was sad on not making it but I was happy to see you make it through. Why do you feel so selfish? Weren't we all there for each other? Da you have to stop blaming yourself like this. There really wasn't anything you could've done.

     
  • At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know!! But it was a BAD feeling & I kept feeling BAD. Thats me I guess :)But things are so different now

    Thats the power of CHANGE :)

     
  • At 12:06 AM, Blogger fr0z3n said…

    >:D<

     
  • At 3:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dai raj, U don't under stand

    Postulate :: One would eventually be happy once he/she leaves Trilogy and the degree of happiness is proportional to the time elapsed after leaving trilogy.

     
  • At 4:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    1. I dont agree with u Pi
    2. I wouldnt like to jinx it, but I believe that I am very happy.
    3. I believe that its more the company that u keep that decides ur happiness & not the company u work in :)

     
  • At 4:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Raj it's time u started preparing for CAT. A->B doesn't mean B->A.

    I just said abt those who leaft trilogy(even though i haven't ahd an experience).

    So those who are in trilogy can be happy!! ;D

    And for the line3
    I have good company here in TCS.(i hope u were redering to this company).But it really matters which conpany u are working in da.U have to be in such a situation to understand what i am sating. Standing from outside no one can understand that.
    ny way i would say "Correctness of your statement3 will depend on the company" May be it is true for majority of the companies"

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey da Pi.... Da I understand ur situation & wasnt refering 2 u. I was just stating my situation.

    & u dont worry, ok?

     
  • At 4:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Any way i am happy for u... According to me working in Trilogy and being happy with the the life there will be best thing to happen.

    (Loads of Money (that 2 truck loads :D ) + happiness going hand in hand)

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "According to me working in Trilogy and being happy with the the life there will be best thing to happen."

    hmm,,I got to admit that life has been like a roller coaster ride.

    - Vinay

     

Post a Comment

<< Home